A day in the life of our System Engineer (Windows):
The Systems Engineer will be part of the infrastructure team responsible for maintaining and supporting the remote clients’ infrastructure. This role act as the point of contact for operational support, infrastructure improvements and upgrade projects.
He / She should be flexible to work on Eastern Standard Time.
● Represent the Team in technical meetings with other departments and with external clients and vendors.
● Propose solution based on client’s requirements, prepare cost estimates and technical documentation.
● Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, servers (Windows, Linux), virtualization platforms, Cloud Services and storage systems.
● Lead hardware and OS installations, configurations, upgrades.
● Lead application installations, configurations, and administration.
● Manage server infrastructure to support business requirements.
● Ensure system upgrades or modifications are made with minimal downtime or disruption of service by planning, automation, and thorough testing.
● Track and control IT assets throughout their life-cycle, including inventory, preventative maintenance, replacement, currency.
● Identifying, documenting, and creating appropriate processes and procedures for all critical infrastructure.
● Enforce data security, premises integrity and access procedures as per corporate security policy.
● Support internal and external audits.
● Implement monitoring and alerting of systems.
● Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and implement solution (including performance and security issues).
● Participate in on-going research, planning, design, and implementation of new technologies.
● Participate in gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and supporting server and client technologies that will enable the organization to work effectively and productively.
● Maintain infrastructure including upgrades of hardware and software technologies, monitoring the environment to detect any hardware or software issues and participates in system related changes following corporate’s Change Management process
● Provide leadership and work with cross-functional teams in the Incident and Change Management process.
● Provides inputs into resource planning and skills development gaps to deliver future requirements.
We want you to have:
● Computer Systems Technology diploma, University Degree or equivalent technical knowledge.
● Excellent customer-service, listening, communication and problem-solving skills.
● 4 to 8 years of experience in systems administration, infrastructure support, and implementation experience in Windows and Linux in virtualized environment in a medium to large enterprise.
● Experience in Linux and Windows-based system administration in a cloud or virtualized environment.
● Willingness to learn more than one of IBM Software (WebSphere, BPM/BAW, IID, IIB, InfoSphere MDM).
● Experience designing, implementing, and supporting VMware/OpenShift platform.
● Experience administering Oracle and MS SQL databases.
● Strong scripting skills.
● Experience leading customer service function in a fast-paced and multi-project IT environment.
● Experience with incident and change management.
● Experience in vulnerability scanning, server/application hardening, and SSL configuration.
● Experience in performance tuning, server build best practices, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
● Commitment to high quality standards, striving continually for improvement.
● Must be able to prioritize and work on infrastructure support and project implementations.
Ducen is a trusted technology solutions provider and systems integrator that empowers organizations through innovative data solutions and services. Headquartered in South Florida with offices and employees around the globe, we help organizations simplify data management, automate business processes, and deliver insights – all with the aim to scale business outcomes, profitable growth, and enhanced customer experiences. Through Analance, our AI-driven data analytics platform, we build and manage data-driven digital platforms including business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions enabled by machine learning. We also offer a comprehensive services portfolio covering data management, cybersecurity, and application development to help clients adapt to the evolving technological landscape.
Life at Ducen
At Ducen, you’ll work with business stakeholders, collaborative and diverse global team of enterprise and solution architects, talented engineers, designers, business analyst, data scientists, marketers, and thought leaders all committed to deliver exceptional business value. We are here to fuel your passion and empower you to step up and pave your path to success.
Why you’ll love working at Ducen
1. Our ROWE (Results-Oriented Work Environment) approach lets you work during your most productive hours so you can have a better work-life balance.
2. Work in a collaborative workspace that helps to bring out the best in you.
3. We promote a culture where you get recognized and rewarded for all amazing work you do.
4. We empower you to think creatively and celebrate innovative ideas.
5. We encourage continuous learning to ensure you stay ahead in your sphere of work.
6. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
7. As a permanent employee, you’ll also have:
• 24 days paid holiday – this excludes our national holidays
• Private medical coverage for self, spouse, children, and parents/in-laws
• Life insurance and enhanced maternity/paternity benefit
8. We have an impressive employee referral scheme.
9. We recognize the benefit of having a diverse workforce. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity conditions.
10. And yes, we have free lunch and snacks you can enjoy but here are 31 more reasons why you’ll love working at Ducen.
|Job Category||IT / Software|
|Job Title||System Engineer (Windows)|
|Location||Kandanchavadi, OMR, Chennai|
|Job Type||Full Time|