A day in the life of our System Engineer (Linux):
The Systems Engineer will be part of the infrastructure team responsible for maintaining and supporting the remote clients’ infrastructure. This role act as the point of contact for operational support, infrastructure improvements and upgrade projects.
He / She should be flexible to work on Eastern Standard Time.
● Represent the Team in technical meetings with other departments and with external clients and vendors.
● Propose solution based on client’s requirements, prepare cost estimates and technical documentation.
● Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, servers (Windows, Linux), virtualization platforms, Cloud Services and storage systems.
● Lead hardware and OS installations, configurations, upgrades.
● Lead application installations, configurations, and administration.
● Manage server infrastructure to support business requirements.
● Ensure system upgrades or modifications are made with minimal downtime or disruption of service by planning, automation, and thorough testing.
● Track and control IT assets throughout their life-cycle, including inventory, preventative maintenance, replacement, currency.
● Identifying, documenting, and creating appropriate processes and procedures for all critical infrastructure.
● Enforce data security, premises integrity and access procedures as per corporate security policy.
● Support internal and external audits.
● Implement monitoring and alerting of systems.
● Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and implement solution (including performance and security issues).
● Participate in on-going research, planning, design, and implementation of new technologies.
● Participate in gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and supporting server and client technologies that will enable the organization to work effectively and productively.
● Maintain infrastructure including upgrades of hardware and software technologies, monitoring the environment to detect any hardware or software issues and participates in system related changes following corporate’s Change Management process
● Provide leadership and work with cross-functional teams in the Incident and Change Management process.
● Provides inputs into resource planning and skills development gaps to deliver future requirements.
We want you to have:
● Deliver IT Infrastructure projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment supporting multiple business portfolios.
● Strong Knowledge in managing and administering different Operating Systems: RHEL Linux, UNIX (HP-UX), Ubuntu, Windows.
● Linux/Windows Operation System’s installation, configuration, evaluation, upgrading, patching, monitoring, analyzing, and deploying.
● Perform post-installation activities, include security hardening, backup, monitoring and standard build tasks.
● Apply the latest security, enhancement, and regular patches to the Unix / Linux servers.
● Provide support for Unix / Linux service/change requests.
● Prepare project and operational documentation, such as Run Books and System Operating manuals.
● Support the IBM stack upgrade like IBM Web App server (WebSphere Application Server), IBM MQ, et cetera.
● Ensure RCAs done for Critical & High impacted incident.
● Execute operations tasks and work along with neighboring teams like DevOps for application and code releases.
● Address server problems and look into incident reasons.
● Application traffic network troubleshooting and supporting other solution elements.
● Make security-related decisions and put security measures into place in accordance with security requirements.
● Work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
● Apply information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) practices for Incident, Change and Problem Management Processes.
● Responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components.
● Responsible for provisioning and configuring databases: Oracle NoSQL, MSSQL.
● Write, update, and run shell scripts for the repetitive tasks.
● Responsible to support software engineering and building customer experience.
● Help and support infrastructure to host and run web services and web applications efficiently.
● Help to integrate various software and hardware components to prepare a test environment that mirrors production as close as possible.
● Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
● Participate in and contributes to the planning and execution of business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
● Willing to learn the cloud technologies and participate in migration activities.
Ducen is a trusted technology solutions provider and systems integrator that empowers organizations through innovative data solutions and services. Headquartered in South Florida with offices and employees around the globe, we help organizations simplify data management, automate business processes, and deliver insights – all with the aim to scale business outcomes, profitable growth, and enhanced customer experiences. Through Analance, our AI-driven data analytics platform, we build and manage data-driven digital platforms including business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions enabled by machine learning. We also offer a comprehensive services portfolio covering data management, cybersecurity, and application development to help clients adapt to the evolving technological landscape.
Life at Ducen
At Ducen, you’ll work with business stakeholders, collaborative and diverse global team of enterprise and solution architects, talented engineers, designers, business analyst, data scientists, marketers, and thought leaders all committed to deliver exceptional business value. We are here to fuel your passion and empower you to step up and pave your path to success.
Why you’ll love working at Ducen
1. Our ROWE (Results-Oriented Work Environment) approach lets you work during your most productive hours so you can have a better work-life balance.
2. Work in a collaborative workspace that helps to bring out the best in you.
3. We promote a culture where you get recognized and rewarded for all amazing work you do.
4. We empower you to think creatively and celebrate innovative ideas.
5. We encourage continuous learning to ensure you stay ahead in your sphere of work.
6. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
7. As a permanent employee, you’ll also have:
• 24 days paid holiday – this excludes our national holidays
• Private medical coverage for self, spouse, children, and parents/in-laws
• Life insurance and enhanced maternity/paternity benefit
8. We have an impressive employee referral scheme.
9. We recognize the benefit of having a diverse workforce. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity conditions.
10. And yes, we have free lunch and snacks you can enjoy but here are 31 more reasons why you’ll love working at Ducen.
|Job Category||IT / Software|
|Job Title||System Engineer (Linux)|
|Location||Kandanchavadi, OMR, Chennai|
|Job Type||Full Time|